Government initiatives and assistance
Funding and assistance
Automotive programs being delivered by the department include:
- Automotive Transformation Scheme (ATS)
The ATS is a ten-year legislated entitlement scheme which encourages competitive investment and innovation in the automotive industry. The ATS legislation currently provides over $3 billion in assistance to the industry between 1 January 2011 and 31 December 2020.
- A $34 million grant to Ford Australia Limited.
- A $215 million grant to GM Holden Limited.
- A $29 million grant to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited.
- Automotive New Markets Initiative (ANMI)
ANMI is a $47 million initiative that assists the automotive industry develop new business opportunities domestically and internationally. The initiative runs over four years from 2012-13.
- Automotive Industry Structural Adjustment Program (AISAP)
AISAP provides labour adjustment funding for training and assistance to displaced automotive workers.
LPG vehicle scheme enhancement
A $10.5 million expansion of the LPG vehicle scheme has doubled payments to purchasers of new private use vehicles that are factory fitted with LPG technology. This initiative is making new LPG vehicles more affordable and is administered by AusIndustry.
For further information please contact:
Department of Industry
GPO Box 9839
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Phone: +61 2 6276 1141