Manufacturing Leaders Group
The Manufacturing Leaders Group (MLG) provides strategic advice on manufacturing to the Government. Membership of the MLG was announced by the Minister for Industry and Innovation on 6 December 2012, and is drawn from business, unions and the research and development community. At its first meeting, the MLG agreed on the following priorities and established a Technical Working Group to progress these:
- Improving the public perceptions of Australian manufacturing to attract and retain skilled workers and investment and to supply high-value products and services globally.
- Improving the adoption of a high performance workplace culture by more Australian manufacturing SMEs to help them innovate, grow and compete globally.
- Promoting and enhancing linkages between multinational corporations and high performing Australian manufacturing SMEs to help them grow into global mid-sized firms.
- Building a culture of innovation and collaboration through Industry Innovation Precincts.
- Encouraging the adoption of design thinking by more Australian manufacturing SMEs to help them innovate, grow and compete globally.
- Examining the need for additional measures for addressing short term adjustment pressures and lifting demand for Australian made goods.
- Establishing leadership dialogues in specific sectors facing critical pressures and structural change.
Information on the role, membership and operational arrangements is provided in the Group's Framework.
- Secretariat support
- Media and speeches