The Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Practitioner Scholarships Program (the Program) seeks to assist in addressing skill shortages in the adult LLN field in Australia by increasing the number of qualified LLN practitioners, particularly in regional areas. The Program provides a scholarship of up to $5,250 to successful applicants to support them in undertaking approved study toward an adult LLN practitioner qualification commencing in the academic year following the application round.
The Program is targeted at:
- new entrants (individuals with no prior qualifications as teachers or trainers) who wish to gain an adult LLN qualification and work in the field;
- vocational trainers wishing to gain an adult LLN specialisation and work in the field; and
- individuals with prior relevant training (eg generalist teachers) wishing to add an adult LLN specialisation with the intention of working in the field.
Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Suitable adult LLN practitioner qualifications that would constitute an approved course of study may be delivered in either the vocational education and training sector or the higher education sector, and must:
- be accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework; and
- include a specialisation in adult LLN teaching.
Courses delivered in the vocational education and training sector must be provided by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) whose scope of registration covers the LLN practitioner qualification.
Scholarships will be distributed, to the extent that the spread of applications allows, across states and territories, and in metropolitan, regional/rural and remote areas.
On 11 January 2011, the department outsourced the program administration of the LLN Practitioner Scholarships Program to Start Grow Run. If you have any inquiries about the program please contact Start Grow Run via:
Frequently Asked Questions
The Frequently Asked Questions document answers some common questions about the LLN Practitioner Scholarships Program. If you have a question that is not on this list, please contact Start Grow Run via
- The fourth application round under the Program will open on Saturday 16 November 2013 from 12 noon Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- Applicants must successfully complete and submit their application on the Department’s nominated application system by 5pm, AEDT on Wednesday 11 December 2013.
- Approximately 50 scholarships are available in Round 4 for individuals interested in undertaking an approved course of study in adult LLN, in 2014.
- To access the online application form please visit the LLN Scholarships Online Application Form.
- The application must include sufficient information and associated supporting documentation to enable the Department to assess the application.
- The Department will not accept hard copy applications.
- The Department will not accept late applications.
For assistance with downloading or submitting an application, please contact Start Grow Run via:
The LLN Practitioner Scholarships Program Guidelines set out the requirements for the delivery of LLN Practitioner Scholarships Program.
These Guidelines replace all previous versions of LLN Practitioner Scholarships Program Guidelines. The Guidelines form part of the Program’s Scholarship Agreement. Where the Scholarship Agreement is inconsistent with the Guidelines, the Scholarship Agreement takes priority over the Guidelines.
The Department of Industry reserves the right to amend the Guidelines.
If you are intending on submitting an application in Round 4 you are strongly encouraged to review this information.
Start Grow Run: